Who we are
Our website address is: http://ammabirthcompanions.org.
The UK Government’s General Data Protection and Retention Act demand that Amma Birth Companions creates secure, responsible management procedures for the personal information of several discrete groups. These groups are: service users; volunteers; website users; mailing list subscribers and donors. The following policy and procedure documents lays out the core mechanisms by which we will use and protect that information.
· What data do we collect?
· How do we collect your data?
· How will we use your data?
· How do we store your data?
· What are your data protection rights?
· What are cookies?
· How to manage your cookies
· Privacy policies of other websites
· How to contact us
· How to contact the appropriate authorities
1.2 What data do we collect?
Amma Birth Companions collects the following data:
· Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, postal address, etc.)
· [Applicable only to service users and volunteers where relevant to support needs] Medical information (Including the name and contact details of your GP and/or midwife; medical records pertaining to your pregnancy; name and contact details of the relevant referral agency)
1.3 How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Amma Birth Companions with the data we collect or 3rd parties (e.g. referral agencies for service users) provide your personal information to us. We collect data and process data when you:
· Are referred by another organisation or person to our service.
· Self-refer to our service.
· Register online or in person for a volunteering opportunity or for your details to kept for future volunteering opportunities.
· Register online or in person as donor.
· Place an online order for any our merchandise products or paid-for services.
· Apply to us as an employee or self-employed worker.
· Voluntarily complete a client/volunteer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
· Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
· Subscribe to our mailing list.
1.4 How will we use your data?
Amma Birth Companions collects your data so that we can:
· Process volunteer applications.
· Manage your donor account including applying for Gift Aid reimbursements
· Contact you in relation to Amma Birth Companion’s charitable activities, including your own involvement as a volunteer, donor or service user.
· Carry out our core charitable purpose of supporting referred service users via the birth companion relationship.
· Process orders.
With your explicit consent, Amma Birth Companions will sometimes share relevant data with partner organisations (such as the NHS or social work agencies) so that they may contact you in relation to their services. This may be done without your consent we perceive a risk to yourself or another (in line with our Safeguarding Policies, which are available on request) This is only applicable to you if you’re someone using the Amma Birth Companions service an expectant/new parent.
1.5 How do we store your data?
Amma Birth Companions securely stores your data at our registered postal address at 32 Minerva Street, Glasgow, G3 8LD. This data is stored securely as paper documents locked into a sedentary filing cabinet, and as electronic information stored securely on laptops or in protected Dropbox, Google, WIX, Mail Chimp and Kindlink accounts used by Amma Birth Companions staff and volunteers. Information stored electronically is password protected and never shared outside of Amma Birth Companions or partner organisations.
On the occasion that paper documentation containing your data is removed from our premises at 50 Wellington Street to be used as part of Amma Birth Companion home visits, it will be kept securely in locked vehicles when not directly in the care of trained Amma Birth Companions volunteers.
Amma Birth Companions will keep your personal identification information for up to 7 years from our last contact with you in line with our retention guidelines. Once time periods have expired, we will delete your data by destroying any paper documentation containing it and by deleting and scrubbing electronically stored data related to your personal identification information.
Amma Birth Companions will carry out reviews of the data we hold every 12 months.
1.6 Marketing & Fundraising
Amma Birth Companions would like to send you information about fundraising and charitable services of ours that we think you might you like. If you have agreed to receive marketing information, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Amma Birth Companions from contacting you for marketing or fundraising purposes or giving data to any partner organisations.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing or fundraising purposes, please get in touch.
1.7 What are your data protection rights?
Amma Birth Companions would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
· The right to access – You have the right to request Amma Birth Companions for copies of your personal data.
· The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Amma Birth Companions correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Amma Birth Companions complete information you believe is incomplete.
· The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Amma Birth Companions erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Amma Birth Companions restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
· The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Amma Birth Companions transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. In most cases we will not charge for complying with your request, we will only every refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. In in such cases, we will tell you why. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Call us at: 0141 417 9799.
1.8 What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer or mobile device to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
· Keeping you signed in
· Understanding how you use our website
1.10 What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however our website uses:
· Functionality – Amma Birth Companions uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember any previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
· Advertising – Amma Birth Companions uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address.
1.11 How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
1.12 Privacy policies of other websites
1.14 How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 0141 417 9799
1.15 How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Amma Birth Companions has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.